Oh my goodness, I still remember when I was in high school and I was wearing all kinds of ugly Christmas sweaters … thinking that they were fashionable! Oh, the horror!
Since then, ugly Christmas sweaters seem to have become a fun thing to wear during Christmas. People have ugly Christmas sweater parties and contests, and the uglier the better.
We are letting our kids in on this holiday trend with this ugly Christmas sweater craft! All you need is paper and pretty much anything you have around the house for decorating the sweater.
Let the fun begin!
How to Make the Ugly Christmas Sweater Craft
- Free sweater template (comes with some cute Christmas graphics too!)
- Red or green cardstock paper
- Things to decorate the sweater with! Examples include pom-poms, buttons, stickers, sequins, etc.
1. Print out the free sweater template on red or green cardstock paper.
2. Cut out the sweater from the cardstock paper.
3. Decorate the sweater! The uglier the better!
This winter craft is nice and easy for preschoolers and even toddlers. Just watch out that you don’t use small pieces for small kids who are still putting things in their mouths.
You can also help cut out the Christmas graphics included with the sweater template. My kids had fun cutting them out themselves and one sweater ended up with 5 of them glued to it!
My kids love crafts that give them the freedom to be creative. Even my elementary school kid wanted to decorate multiple ugly Christmas sweaters! By the time my 4 and 6 years olds got to their third sweaters, things got a little wild and they searched the house for anything that they can stick on the sweaters. Why not!
FOR MORE WINTER CRAFTS, CHECK OUT: