This 3D DIY rolled paper roses flower basket card is easy to craft with the free printable template. The paper flowers look so realistic and make a great gift for Valentine’s Day and Mother’s Day.
Flowers are the most popular gift we give for special occasions. We give flowers for birthdays, Valentine’s Day, Mother’s Day, anniversaries, and many other events.
Why are flowers given as gifts? Because they connect with human emotions. And for Valentine’s Day and Mother’s Day, flowers symbolize love and care for another.
That’s why this 3D DIY rolled paper roses flower basket card is the perfect gift to give to your significant other or friend for Valentine’s Day and Mother’s Day. And since the flowers are made out of paper, they can last for a very, very long time.
Your kids will love learning how to make the rolled paper roses. With the free template, the roses are easy to create and the result looks so real. Making this flower basket card will allow your kids to practice their scissor skills by cutting the strips of paper for the weave basket.
For younger kids, you may need to help them with the rolled flowers and perhaps cutting out the different pieces of the flower basket. But they can glue and assemble everything together. They will be so proud to give this rolled roses flower basket card to their mom or friend.
DIY Rolled Paper Roses Card
List of Supplies:
- Free rolled flowers and leave template
- Colored craft or construction papers
- Craft glue
Prepare the Flower Basket Template Patterns
1. Download and print out the flower basket template. The template includes the rolled paper roses and leaves. Cut out all the pieces.
2. Trace the template patterns on colored craft or construction paper. You can use whatever color you would like. We decided to go with red for the roses and green for the leaves. Cut out the traced patterns.
For the weave basket, you can decide what pattern you would like to make. Cut thin strips out of brown paper and a base for the basket out of white paper.
Note: I provided an extra page of rolled flower patterns. We ended up creating 5 roses for this flower basket craft, but you can make more or less depending on the size of your basket and card.
Make the Rolled Paper Roses
3. Start rolling the spiral rose pattern from its outer edge.
4. Continue to roll the paper toward the center of the spiral. Loosen up your hold on the coil and let the pattern unfurl slightly in your hands. Squeeze glue on the bottom circle and press it against the bottom edges of the rose petals to set it. Allow the glue to dry completely.
5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 with the rest of the roses. We made 5 rolled roses total.
6. Fold the leaves along the middle to create a slight crease to give them a more 3D look.
Make the Weave Basket
7. Glue the brown strips on the white basket pattern vertically. All strips should be parallel to each other with small gaps in between the strips.
8. Glue more strips to the basket, this time horizontally. They should be perpendicular to the vertical strips you glued on the basket in the previous step. Similarly, you want them to be parallel with small gaps in between the strips.
9. Trim the strips along the edge of the white basket pattern.
Assembling the Flower Basket Card
10. Glue the paper basket on a piece of folded cardstock (the base of your card).
11. Glue the rolled roses on the card.
12. Glue the paper leaves on the card, tucking them behind the roses.
Fill out the form and get the free template delivered right to your email!