Learn about St. Patrick’s Day with lots of fun children’s books and keep your place in the book with this cute leprechaun bookmark craft for kids!
St. Patrick’s Day is coming up soon, and you are probably busy looking up activities to do with your kids to learn about the holiday. There are so many fun St. Patrick’s Day books for children, and what better way to keep your place in the book with an adorable leprechaun bookmark?
This leprechaun bookmark craft is easy to make with the free template. It doubles as a St. Patrick’s day craft as well as a useful bookmark that you can use all year round! Your kids will love gluing the different patterns together to create the leprechaun bookmark.
The free downloadable leprechaun bookmark template comes with two designs. The difference between the two designs is the hat. One is more rectangular while the other one is more rounded. Pick your referred style and let’s get crafting!
How to Make Leprechaun Bookmark Craft
List of Supplies:
- Free leprechaun bookmark template
- Colored craft or construction papers
- Black marker or Sharpie
1. Download and print the free leprechaun bookmark template. Cut out all the template pattern.
2. Trace the patterns onto colored craft paper. You can see the colors we used in the picture below, but feel free to substitute to your preferred colors.
3. Glue the head to the beard pattern. The top of the head should stick out a little bit above the beard so that the leprechuan has a nice, full beard.
Glue the hand patterns to the sleeves.
4. Glue the head and the beard pieces to the body.
5. Glue the sleeves to both sides of the body. The thumbs should be pointing toward the body. Make sure you apply the glue only to the ends of the sleeves (near the shoulder, if you will) as shown below. We need the rest of the arm and hand to be free to hold the book pages!
6. Trim the sleeves along the outer edge of the body piece.
7. Glue the nose on the leprechaun’s face. Use a black marker to draw the eyes and the nose of the leprechaun. Your kids can choose what facial expression to draw on their leprechaun!
8. Craft the hat for the leprechaun. Start by gluing the small black square to the yellow belt buckle. Then glue the yellow square to the black strip. Finally, glue the black strip to the green hat to complete the hat.
9. Glue the leprechaun’s hat on its head. Your leprechaun bookmark is complete!
Now you can choose a St. Patrick’s book and read it to your children. Whatever page you stop at, you can simply slide the page under the arms of the leprechaun bookmark and the cute little leprechaun will “hold” your page for you!
Here are some of the St. Patrick’s Day books for children that we like:
Fill out the form and download the free leprechaun bookmark template here: