Do your kids love to collect pinecones? My kids cannot resist picking up pinecones whenever they see some on the ground, and we always end up bringing some home.
For this Thanksgiving, we are putting the pinecones to good use and making a pinecone turkey craft!
This pinecone turkey is so adorable, and it makes a great Thanksgiving craft for kids. You can use it as table decor for Thanksgiving dinner so that all the guests can enjoy the little guy.
How to Make a Pinecone Turkey
- Colored cardstock papers
- Craft glue
- Googly eyes
- Free pinecone turkey template
1. Print the free pinecone turkey template and cut out the patterns. The template includes tail feathers, body base, beak, wattle, feather base, and pinecone base.
2. Select colored cardstock papers for the turkey craft.
3 Trace the template patterns on the selected cardstock paper and cut them out nicely.
4. Stick the wattle and beak on the head part of the body base cutout.
5. Grab the feather base and stick the feather cutouts on it along the top curved end.
6. Cover the entire top curved end with the feathers.
7. Select a pinecone for the turkey craft.
8. Stick the round base cutout on the bottom part of the pinecone. This base will help the pinecone turkey to stand.
9. Take the feather base and insert the bottom end of the base through any one of the pinecone slits. Simply slide it in. Apply glue if necessary.
10. Stick the body base to the front side (opposite to the tail feather side) of the pinecone.
11. Stick the googly eyes on the head part of the body base to complete the pinecone turkey craft.
FOR MORE THANKSGIVING ACTIVITIES: