Celebrate fall and Halloween with this simple pumpkin handprint craft! Your kids will enjoy using their own hands for this craft and creating faces for their jack-o’-lantern.
Fall is finally here, which means that Halloween is right around the corner. It’s time to start preparing for trick-or-treating, costumes, and parties.
What better way to celebrate Halloween than with a fun craft? Making a pumpkin handprint craft is a fun idea that will not only look great on your mantel but also serve as a card for loved ones.
What is a Handprint Craft?
Handprint crafts are a fun and creative way to create personalized gifts for friends and family.
It’s an easy craft that is perfect for kids, especially ones in preschool or kindergarten. Adults can also jump in on the fun and create bigger versions of the handprint crafts.
There are many possibilities when it comes to handprint crafts:
- Paint your hand and press it onto paper to create an impression.
- Press your child’s hand onto a large stamp pad and press it onto paper.
- Make salt dough and press your child’s hand into the salt dough to make Christmas ornaments.
- Place your child’s hand on a piece of paper and trace around the entire hand as the base of a craft.
For this handprint pumpkin, we are going to take the last idea a step further and cut out the traced hands for an adorable Halloween craft.
How to Make a Pumpkin Handprint Craft
- Cardstock or construction paper – black, orange, and brown
- Glue stick
- Free printable pumpkin handprint craft template (find the download instructions at the end of this post)
If you are a busy parent, homeschooler, or teacher who wants to save time, you can grab all 8 Halloween handprint craft templates for the very low price of $1.29. These templates are easy to use and your kids will enjoy cutting out the template patterns to decorate their handprints for Halloween.
(You can also visit the individual posts to grab your free downloadable files. Note that you will need to enter in your information for each template, but you won’t receive duplicate emails from me.)
1. Trace both hands with fingers together on orange paper with a pencil. Cut out both hands.
2. Print and trace the templates on the color paper shown in the photo below. Cut out template pieces.
3. Cut the template pieces out of orange, brown, and black paper.
4. Place the two handprints together so the thumbs are overlapping and glue the orange oval on top to create the pumpkin shape.
5. Glue the brown stem underneath the top of the oval.
6. Glue on the black pumpkin face cutouts to form ajack-o’-lantern face.
You have completed the pumpkin handprint craft! The grooves formed by the fingertips look just like the ribs of a real pumpkin. This adorable handprint craft is a great non-spooky Halloween craft for kids.
If you want additional pumpkin faces to choose from, check out this easy paper plate pumpkin craft for free printable templates. Your kids may want a scary face instead of a happy jack-o’-lantern!
Ways to Use Your Halloween Pumpkin Handprint Craft
There are lots of different ways to use and display this Halloween pumpkin craft. Here are some of our favorites:
- Make a handprint pumpkin for each member of the family. Then place the pumpkins together to form a family pumpkin patch!
- Use removable mounting putty or tape to stick the pumpkins on the wall. If you are doing this craft with your students in a classroom, have each student write his or her name on the bottom of the pumpkin. Now you have a wall full of bright, orange pumpkins for the fall.
- Write on the back of the handprint pumpkins and use them as a Halloween greeting card or party invitation.
2 thoughts on “Pumpkin Handprint Craft for Halloween [Free Template]”
I love your ideas! Thank you for sharing!
Thank you for visiting the blog! 🙂