Gingerbread is a quintessential part of Christmas. Kids love to build gingerbread houses and bake gingerbread cookies, and the story of The Gingerbread Man will always have a special place in our hearts.
Adding to our popsicle stick Christmas decor, we are making a craft stick gingerbread man! The best thing about this gingerbread man craft is that your kids can decorate the gingerbread man however they want. They can use gems or stickers for the buttons, draw silly faces, or even give the gingerbread man a sweater! The possibilities are endless!
How to Make Craft Stick Gingerbread Man
- 3 regular craft sticks
- 2 mini craft sticks
- Brown paint
- Brown cardstock
- 2” circle punch (or you can use scissors)
- Markers – white, black, pink
- Optional: String
1. Glue one of the mini craft sticks across the 3 regular sticks, in the middle.
2. Carefully cut the other mini craft stick in half.
3. Glue the two halves on the bottom, spread apart like legs. Let the glue dry so the sticks will set.
4. Paint the sticks brown. You can instead paint them before you glue everything, too. Let the paint dry. (If you don’t have brown paint at home, you can also use a brown marker)
5. Punch a 2” circle with the paper punch out of the brown cardstock. Alternatively, you can draw a circle and cut it out with scissors.
6. Draw a white mouth, pink circle cheeks, and black circle eyes.
7. Glue the brown cardstock circle to the top of the craft sticks.
8. Use the white marker to draw lines on the arms and legs.
9. Finally, glue 3 buttons going down the front of the gingerbread man. Let the glue dry.
10. Optional: Adhere a piece of twine or string to the back of the gingerbread man craft and hang it from the Christmas tree as an ornament!
I hope you enjoyed making the popsicle stick gingerbread man craft with your kids!
YOU MIGHT LIKE: