Celebrate the holidays with this DIY Popsicle Stick Christmas Tree Ornament! Because you can never have enough Christmas trees.
This post contains affiliate links. Please see my full disclosure policy for details.
It’s finally long-sleeve weather here in SoCal, and Santas are beginning to pop up in malls and shopping centers.
The big question is – when does the Christmas tree go up?
We tend to wait a bit closer to Christmas because once the tree is up, the kids start questioning when the presents are coming. Plus, even though we use an artificial tree, the leaves still fall off and “leave” a mess on the floor.
So to get into the Christmas spirit without putting up the tree, today we are doing a popsicle stick Christmas tree ornament! It’s super simple, and your kids will have tons of fun decorating their tree ornaments.
How to Make a Popsicle Stick Christmas Tree Ornament
Popsicle sticks or craft sticks(I used 3 green popsicle sticks and 1 uncolored one) Hot glue gun and hot glue sticks
- String or twine
- Gem stickers (optional)
- Pipe cleaners (optional)
- Use a scissor and cut the colored popsicle stick about 3/4 of its length. This section will be the bottom of the triangle that forms the tree.
- Hot glue the colored popsicle sticks together to make the tree. Tip: Create the triangle first with the popsicle sticks and use one hand to hold the shape in place. Then quickly, hot glue the ends together by moving the sticks apart, applying hot glue, and pressing the sticks back together.
- Use a scissor and cut 1/4 of the length of the uncolored popsicle stick.
- Hot glue the uncolored popsicle stick to the middle of the shorter side of the triangle to make the tree trunk.
- Hot glue the string or twin to the top of the tree.
- Decorate the tree with whatever you wish!
Nice and simple right? You can make so many different types of ornaments with popsicle sticks, including beautiful snowflake ornaments.