This Fox in Socks paper bag puppet will make reading the Dr. Seuss book full of tongue twisters even more fun! The free template makes this craft easy to create for your kids.
Fox in Socks has quickly become one of my son’s favorite Dr. Seuss of all time. All the fun tongue twisters in the book will make you chuckle and you stumble through them!
Even as a mom, it’s not easy to read this book out loud. This is a great way to sharpen your kid’s pronunciation with silly rhymes and characters with quirky names.
We love the main characters in the book, especially the fox that came up with all these crazy tongue twisters. If your kids are a fan of this book, then they will love creating this Fox in Socks paper bag puppet craft!
You can read the book once, and then make this Dr. Seuss craft with your kids. After the Fox in the Socks paper bag puppet is complete, then you can use it to read the book again! One person can play Mr. Fox, while the other can play Mr. Knox.
Paper bag puppets like this one are perfect for storytime at the library or circle time in the classroom. You can use it as you read the Fox in Socks book to the preschoolers who will surely fall in love with the fox.
How to Make Fox in the Socks Paper Bag Puppet
- Free Fox in Socks paper bag puppet template
- Blue, white, and orange construction paper or cardstock
- Brown paper bag
- Glue stick
- White chalk marker (optional)
1. Download the free Fox in Socks template. Print the fox head, arms, and body templates on orange paper, gloves on blue paper, and eyes on white paper.
2. Cut out all the template patterns with scissors.
3. Glue the body template to the base of the brown paper bag. Match the eyes with the outlines on the fox’s head and glue them in place.
4. Glue the blue gloves on the arms of the fox. Then glue the arms to both sides of the body. You can glue them to the back of the paper bag, but we prefer to open the sides of the brown paper bag and glue them to the inside of the side flaps. This way, when you stick your arms inside the paper bag, the arms stay with the body instead of looking like they are detached.
Finally, glue the head to the flap of the paper bag.
5. Optional: To make the Mr. Fox puppet look slightly more realistic, you can use the chalk marker to draw white highlights on the body and head (as shown in the picture below).
Your Fox in Socks paper bag puppet is done!
Dr. Seuss Activities
Whether it’s for National Read Across America Day (Dr. Seuss Day) or just because your kids love Dr. Seuss books, make sure you check out these fun Dr. Seuss crafts:
- Fox in Socks Mr. Knox Paper Bag Puppet Craft (make sure you check this one out to go along with the Fox in Socks puppet!)
- Dr. Seuss Cat in the Hat Craft
- Thing 1 and Thing 2 Dr. Seuss Bookmarks
- One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish Dr. Seuss Craft
- The Lorax Dr. Seuss Craft for Kids
These paper crafts all come with free templates to make creating iconic Dr. Seuss characters easy for your kids.
And the best way to celebrate Dr. Seuss’s birthday? Read his books of course! Here are our favorites besides Fox in Socks:
How to Print the Fox in Socks Template
Simply fill out the form below to get the template delivered to you in your inbox!
When you print the template, make sure you have the scale set on 100%. Sometimes the size of the template varies depending on the printer, so you might need to play with the scale to ensure that the template patterns fit on your paper bag.
If you used this Fox in Socks paper bag puppet in your classroom or at storytime, make sure you tag me @mombrite on Facebook or Instagram. I would love to see pictures of you using this Dr. Seuss craft in action!