This post may contain affiliate links. That means if you click and buy, I may receive a small commission (at zero cost to you). Please see my full disclosure policy for details.
Need a Dr. Seuss craft for your beloved Dr. Seuss books? Here are fun Thing 1 and Thing 2 bookmarks that will help keep your place in the book!
My kids have recently discovered Dr. Seuss books and we are obsessed. It’s really hard to pick a favorite, and my kids will tell you that they love them all.
It’s hard to argue though that one of the best Dr. Seuss books is The Cat in the Hat. My kids especially love Thing One and Thing Two! The Things are such lively characters with their red jumpsuits and blue afro hair. They are just like little kids who just want to be silly and run around and have fun.
These Thing 1 and Thing 2 Dr. Seuss bookmarks are great companions to your The Cat in the Hat book. And it’s the perfect craft to do with your kids for Dr. Seuss’s birthday and Read Across America Day next month.
I’ve included free printable patterns to make these bookmarks super easy for you and your kids to make. You can choose to make just one or make both to use on all your books by Dr. Seuss.
How to Make Thing 1 and Thing 2 Dr. Seuss Bookmarks
Dr. Seuss Craft Supplies
- Free Thing 1 and Thing 2 bookmarks template
- Colored construction paper
- Black marker or Sharpie
Dr. Seuss Craft Instructions
1. Download and print the Thing One and Thing Two boomarks template. Cut the template patterns out.
2. Trace the 2 hair template patterns on blue paper, body, legs, and arms on red paper, and the head and circle logos on white paper. Cut all traced pieces out.
Write “THING 1” on the circle logo with a black marker or Sharpie.
3. Glue the smaller hair pattern on top of the bigger hair pattern. Glue the number logo on the body.
4. Glue the face template on the hair. Glue the legs on the bottom of the body with the toes facing outward.
5. Glue the arms on the body cutout. The thumbs should be facing inward and hands downward.
6. Glue the head on the body cutout.
7. Draw the face of Thing 1 or Thing 2 (their faces are the same because they are identical twins!) on the face using the black marker or Sharpie.
8. Repeat the above steps with Thing 2. Make sure to write “THING 2” in the circle logo instead.
Your Thing One and Thing Two Dr. Seuss bookmarks are done! How did your kid like this easy Dr. Seuss craft?
To use the bookmark, all you need to do is slide a page under the arms of Thing 1 or Thing 2. They will literally hold the your place for you in the book!
These Thing 1 and Thing 2 bookmarks are perfect if you have multiple kids who are reading Dr. Seuss books. One kid can use the Thing 1 bookmark and the other can use the Thing 2 bookmark. And if you have more than one kid, you can always make Thing 3 or Thing 4 bookmarks!