Preschoolers, kindergarteners, and elementary school kids “dig” dinosaur-themed crafts and activities. You can incorporate these creative ideas in your homeschooling and make learning extra fun!
Your kids can get their hands dirty with some sensory play, walk around in dinosaur feet, hatch baby dinosaurs from their eggs! After a long day of dino activities, you can curl up in bed and read about dinosaurs facts.
And don’t forget to check out the educational dinosaur activities! Your kids can learn how to count, play memory games, and even explore graphing with dinosaurs!
55+ Awesome Dinosaur Activities for Kids
Make Dinosaur Arts and Crafts
Let your kids’ imagination run wild with these creative dinosaur crafts!
- Dinosaur Handprint Craft (Mombrite)
- Tape Resist Dinosaur Bone Art (Pink Stripey Socks)
- Cupcake Liner Dinosaur Craft (Artsy Craftsy Mom)
- Easy Cardboard Dinosaur Feet (Red Ted Art)
- Salt Dough Dinosaur Fossils (Mombrite)
- Dinosaur Shadow Characters (Preschool Toolkit)
- Mini Dinosaur Garden in a Jar (Messy Little Monster)
- Handprint Dinosaur Card Craft (Simple Everywhere Mom)
- Paper Plate Dinosaur Craft (I Heart Crafty Things)
Dip Your Hands in Dinosaur Sensory Bins
Sensory play is so beneficial for your child’s development. Plus, there is nothing more fun than messy play!
- Chocolate Oobleck Dinosaur Dig (Mombrite)
- Kinetic Beach Sand Dinosaur Sensory Bin (Fireflies + Mud Pies)
- Dinosaur Themed Sensory Rice Kit (The Art Kit)
- Potting Soil Dinosaur Dig (Living Life & Learning)
- Muffin Tin Sensory Play with Dinosaurs (Simple Fun for Kids)
- Dinosaur Egg Small World Sensory Play Tray (Finding Myself Young)
- Fossil Sensory Bin (abc’s of Literacy)
Hatch Dinosaur Eggs
Helping baby dinosaurs out of their eggs has never been more fun! Here are many creative ways you can form an egg around the dinosaurs and hatch them when they are ready to meet the world!
- Colorful Fizzy Dinosaur Eggs (Mombrite)
- Playdough Dinosaur Egg Surprise (School Time Snippets)
- Frozen Dinosaur Eggs Ice Excavation (Mombrite)
- Air-Dry Clay Dinosaur Eggs (Mama Smiles)
- Peek-A-Boo Surprise Eggs (Red Ted Art)
Delicious Dinosaur Snacks
These yummy dinosaur snacks are perfect for your hungry little ones after doing one of the fun activities above. They are also great for dinosaur themed parties!
- Dinosaur Footprint Cookies (Mombrite)
- Edible Dinosaur Eggs (Mombrite)
- Chocolate Dinosaur Nests (The Crazy Kitchen)
- Dirt, Worms and Dinosaurs (Glorious Treats)
- Dino Fruit Skewers with Yogurt Fruit Dip (Finding Zest)
- Dinosaur Egg Rice Krispie Treats (Mess for Less)
Read Dinosaur Books
Whether you are interested in learning about what dinosaurs like to eat and their habitats, or reading hilarious dinosaur stories that will make you laugh out loud, there is no shortage of great dinosaur books out there! Below are our favorites.
- National Geographic Little Kids First Big Book of Dinosaurs by National Geographic Kids
- Fossils for Kids by Ashley Hall
- My Encyclopedia of Very Important Dinosaurs by DK
- How Do Dinosaurs Say Goodnight? by Jane Yolen & Mark Teague
- Never Let A Dinosaur Scribble! by Diane Alber
- Dinosaurs (Shine-A-Light) by Sara Hurst
- Tiny T. Rex and the Impossible Hug by Jonathan Stutzman
- Saturday Night at the Dinosaur Stomp by Carol Diggory Shields
- Have You Seen My Dinosaur? by Jon Surgal
- Oh Say Can You Say Di-no-saur? by Bonnie Worth
- How to Catch a Dinosaur by Adam Wallace
Learn with Educational Dinosaur Activities
Make teaching your kids at home fun through these educational dinosaur activities. You will love the free printables that come with these activities!
- Dinosaur Shapes Game (The Educators’ Spin On It)
- Beginning Sound Fossil Matching (Growing Book by Book)
- Dinosaur Counting Dominoes (Simple Fun for Kids)
- Number Puzzles with Dinosaurs (JDaniel4’s Mom)
- Shape Matching Dinosaur Quiet Book Page (Felt with Love Designs)
- Dinosaur Memory Game Printables (Artsy Craftsy Mom)
- Dinosaur Theme Preschool Memory Game (Simple Everyday Mom)
- Dinosaur Count and Graph Worksheets (Homeschool Preschool)
- Dinosaur Puzzle Printable (Fluffy Tots)
- Dinosaur Shapes Roll and Graph Activity (Free Printable Worksheets for Kids)
- Dinosaur Number Exploration Activities (JDaniel4’s Mom)
- Dinosaur Dot to Dot Printables (Planes and Balloons)
- Dinosaur Counting Activities for Preschoolers (Homeschool Preschool)
- Dinosaur Object Hunt (Your Therapy Source)
- Dinosaur Counting Mini Folding Book (Simple Fun for Kids)
- The Good Dinosaur Handwriting Sets (Blessed Beyond a Doubt)
Other Fun Dinosaur Activities
There seems to be endless activities you can do with dinosaurs. Who knew you can even get some exercise in with dinosaur yoga!
- Erupting Volcano for Prehistoric Small World Play (Go Science Kids)
- Dinosaur Coloring Pages (Kiddy Charts)
- Dinosaur Yoga Ideas (Kids Yoga Stories)
- Cartoon Dinosaur Coloring Pages (Printable Crush)
What other awesome activities do your dinosaur-loving kid like? Let me know so I can share the fun and include it on this list!